Mitchell Falls Discoverer scenic air safari from Kununurra
- Full day air safari
- Tour departs Kununurra 6.00am; returns to Kununurra 3.00pm
- Thursday & Saturday - May to August
The North Kimberley with its untouched, remote coastline hides its secrets well until you take to the air. This full-day plane and helicopter tour covers an area the size of central Europe. Majestic waterfalls, cattle stations, wilderness reserves and incredible coastal views will keep you enthralled all day. View the Ord Irrigation area, Cockburn Range, King George Falls, Berkeley River, Cambridge Gulf, Mitchell Falls, and Wyndham mud flats. Land to walk to the Mitchell Falls and enjoy 2 thrilling helicopter flights.
Fly by plane from Kununurra along the north Kimberley Coast, view the King George Falls, Berkeley River, pearl farms and more, landing at the Mitchell Plateau. Your pilot/guide will lead your 4.5 km walk to the Mitchell Falls. There is time to explore the falls and enjoy a swim before boarding your helicopter for a return flight over the Mitchell Falls to the airstrip. Then fly by plane to Kununurra over the Cockburn Range and El Questro.
Includes morning tea and lunch.
Important Notes about this tour:
- The guided walk takes approximately 2.5 hours.
- Most of the walk is on flat ground, however there are quite a few spots in which travellers are required to climb up and down rocks, wade through water and over slippery rocks.
- Lunch is packed in a small cooler bag with a shoulder strap and you will be required to carry this with you. Each bag contains lunch for two people.
- There is a limited time for the walk, therefore if you are unsure of your walking capability, please book the helicopter transfer.
- If you do not wish to join the walk sector, you can take a helicopter transfer to the top of the Mitchell Falls where you will meet up with the rest of the group for lunch and a swim.
- Important: There is a 'Wunumbal Gaamberra' fee of $40.00 per person, for visitation to the Mitchell Plateau/Mitchell Falls. This fee is included in the tour cost.
It is a requirement of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority that you provide names and body weight each of each passenger when requesting a booking.
All quoted prices in AUD and include GST.