Bungle Bungle Wanderer + 1 night stay + Argyle Diamond Mine
- 2 full day tours and overnight stay at the Bungle Bungles
- Departs Kununurra
- April to September
Enjoy your Bungle Bungle Wanderer scenic flight followed by landing at the remote, unsealed airfield in the Purnululu National Park. Transfer to an air-conditioned 4WD coach when your guide will take you closer to the Bungle Bungle Range.
Enjoy a moderate 3km guided walk amongst the famous eroded towers and black and orange banded beehive structures on the Domes Walk. Your guide will take you into Cathedral Gorge where towering cliffs open up to form a space with awe-inspiring natural acoustics. Here you will enjoy your picnic lunch. Walk along the bed of Piccaninny Creek which flows only in the monsoon waterfall season. Later take a guided walk in Echidna Chasm.
Stay overnight at the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge in a deluxe, ensuited safari cabin. Enjoy a three course buffet dinner and cooked breakfast.
Return via a scenic flight to Kununurra. On the way enjoy a 3.5 hour (approximately) guided ground tour of the Argyle Diamond Mine site. Have lunch at the staff village – experience the conditions of the mine workers first hand. Visit the village store where Argyle souvenirs and Argyle diamond jewellery can be purchased. Tour the process plant and discover the technology and processes employed in diamond production. View the diamond display gallery featuring over $1 million of Argyle diamonds and jewellery. Watch two short videos about the mine in the onsite cinema. Finally, re-board your aeroplane and continue on the scenic flight home to Kununurra.
Includes: 2 x Lunches, 1 x Dinner & 1 x Breakfast.
It is a requirement of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority that you provide names and body weight each of each passenger when requesting a booking.
- Safety First: Tour participants are to wear sturdy, fully enclosed shoes with low heels. Safety hat, vest and glasses will be provided.
- Security: All visitors to site are required to sign the Conditions of Entry to Designated Areas form. Argyle Diamonds security officers have the right to search any person or personal items on exiting the Designated Area.
- Children: Argyle Diamonds regulations prohibit children under the age of 12 years from participating in this tour. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Seniors: Seniors must be in possession of a valid senior’s card issued by an Australian State Government.
All quoted prices in AUD and include GST.