Bungle Bungle & Lake Argyle Island Experience
- Tour by float plane
- 3.5 hours departs 8:00 am & 1:30 pm
- April - September
A popular tour by float plane... showcasing the World Heritage Listed Bungle Bungle Range and an exhilarating float plane landing on Lake Argyle.
After take off from Lake Kununurra in a seaplane, view the patchwork of the Ord Irrigation Area, the mighty Ord River and Spillway Creek. View the Durack family homestead museum,and the Ord River Hydro power station at the Lake Argyle Dam wall.
From the air, view the vastness of Lake Argyle!
As your flight approaches the ancient Bungle Bungle Range, with its striped bee hive domes, spot the famous Cathedral Gorge and Piccaninny Gorge as you orbit above.
On the return flight, fly over the Argyle Diamond Mine, the world's largest producer of pink and coloured diamonds in the world!
Touch down on Lake Argyle in your seaplane and on a remote island, enjoy refreshments of cake and coffee or tea whilst while spotting wildlife and soaking up the views of the Lake - a picture perfect photo location.
Includes: complimentary bus transfers and refreshments.
- Pick up from Lake Argyle can be arranged if required.
- Lake Argyle passengers will not see Kununurra and Ord River Irrigation Area.
- Bring your camera, hat, wear footwear you don’t mind getting a little wet, eg. sandals.
- Children aged 0 - 2 yrs FOC sitting on parents lap
Received a free Snapshots of the East Kimberley souvenir photo book on this tour.
All quoted prices in AUD and include GST.