Bungle Bungle Overnight Explorer
- 1 Night / 2 Days Fly - 4WD - Fly
- Departs Kununurra 9am. Returns next day at 5pm
- April to early October
Spend 2 days on a guided tour of the Bungle Bungles and stay in comfort overnight at the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge.
- Fly from Kununurra over the Ord River, Lake Argyle, Lissadell & Texas Downs Stations, Osmand Ranges and a bird’s-eye view of the Bungle Bungle Range.
- Land at Bellburn Airstrip and join your guide for a tour of the ‘Beehive Domes’ and walk into Cathedral Gorge.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch in breathtaking Cathedral Gorge.
- Travel back to the Bungle Bungle Bushcamp where you will have time to relax in your cabin or take a dip in the swimming pool.
- After dinner, sit under the stars on the deck adjacent to the Bungles Bar.
- Meals: Lunch & Dinner
- Accommodation: Superior cabin at the Bungle Bungle Bushcamp
- After breakfast, board the vehicle for the drive to the northern end of Purnululu.
- Walk into Echidna Chasm and Mini Palms Gorge.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch whilst on tour.
- Return to the Bellburn Airstrip for your flight to Kununurra
- View Argyle Diamond Mine, Ragged and Carr Boyd Ranges enroute.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch & afternoon tea
- Walk Cathedral Gorge: A moderate 3km walk passing over rock ledges, waterholes and eroded potholes before coming to an incredible natural amphitheatre carved out of the sandstone dome walls.
- Walk the Domes: Easy 1km, 1 hour circuit walk amongst the famous 'beehive' domes of Purnululu National Park. Class 4.
- Walk Echidna Chasm: Easy to moderate, 2km, 1 to 2 hour return walk with challenging short climb near the end. Experience a spectacular 200-metre chasm with varying colour hues.
- Walk Mini Palms: An moderate to hard, 5km, 2 – 2.5 hour return walk over loose river rocks into a narrow gorge filled with Livistona Palms. Clambering over boulders may be required. A viewing platform at the end of the walk showcases a palm filled valley surrounded by 150m high cliffs.
Single supplement: $161.00 per adult.
It is a requirement of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority that you provide names and body weight each of each passenger when requesting a booking.
All quoted prices in AUD and include GST.