Nitmiluk Dawn Cruise
- 2 Hrs Nimiluk Gorge Cruise
- 7:00am daily
- May - Oct
Nitmiluk National Park is located 29 km from the town of Katherine in the Northern Territory.
The Nitmiluk Gorge is made up of 13 separate gorges. This maze of waterways has been sculpted from the sandstone over countless ages by the Katherine River. Nitmiluk Tours invites you to experience the beauty, history and culture of Nitmiluk National park.
All cruises include on-board commentary with a strong cultural element. Cruises only operate in first, second and third gorges of the system. Gorges are separated by natural rock barriers, therefore walking between the gorges is required on all tours to change boats. The walk-ways are man-made, however, are uneven in areas as they follow the natural contours of the bush landscape. The pathways include steps with handrails. A moderate level of mobility is required.
The colours of the early morning awaken as you emerge into the first gorge. See the mist rising above the smooth water's surface, hear the wildlife stiffing from the night and breathe the crisp clean air. This cruise will allow passengers to discover the unspoiled beauty of the morning - a truly memorable start to the day and a photographer's dream.
- Tea & coffee and a breakfast snack prior to departure
- NiNit Dreaming, Two Gorge Cruise.
This tour involves a 400m walk each-way between the gorges along a man-made, uneven path. Wheelchair access is to the top of the first gorge only.
- Drinking water and toilet facilities are available on board the vessel.
- Please be sun smart - wear a hat, sunscreen, protective clothing and insect repellent.
- We also recommend taking a jumper/jacket and sunglasses on this tour.
- This tour is subject to weather and river conditions and will operate with a minimum of 6 passengers.
All quoted prices in AUD and include GST.