Willie Creek Pearl Farm tour
- Broome's most popular tour!
- Departs Broome. Morning and afternoon tours. 5 hours
- All year - weather permitting
l in air-conditioned comfort through the scenic 'pindan' country and tidal salt flats to reach the Willie Creek Pearl Farm, located 38 kilometres north of Broome.
Your guide will accompany you on a journey to discover the process of culturing pearls from the 'seeding' process to harvesting the magnificent gems. A demonstration using a live pearl oyster is given to reveal the technical and complex operation involved in starting the pearl process. Take to the water and view the farming operations from the vessel 'Mutiari Putri'. Afterwards, see the huge barramundi and a range of other sea creatures in the aquaculture display.
- Morning or afternoon tea refreshments are provided on every tour.
- Add Lunch at Harvest Cafe at Willie Creek Pearl Farm on selected tour times. Extra cost applies. (Lunch is served at the completion of selected pearl farm tours from the in-site Harvest Cafe. This option is available April to October).
The Pearl Farm has its own pearl showroom featuring a stunning array of jewellery which feature Australian South Sea Pearls.
Includes: pick up and drop at your Broome accommodation.
Willie Creek Pearl Farm is wheelchair friendly - excepting the boat cruise. In these cases an additional guide is allocated to individuals using wheelchairs and the boat cruise component of the tour is provided on the jetty, overlooking the farm operations.
Children under 5 years are free. Children 5-16 years must travel with a parent or guardian.
Self-drive option also available.
All quoted prices in AUD and include GST.