- Located on the remote north Kimberley coast
- Maximum of 16 guests
- May - October
Faraway Bay is an inviting haven, nestled on a rocky hilltop overlooking the turquoise Timor Sea. It is in the remote and spellbinding Kimberley Coastal region of Western Australia, some 280kms northwest of Kununurra. Faraway Bay offers one of the most authentic and unique experiences at a Kimberley coastal camp. It is not just another resort in a remote location it is a unique wilderness retreat built on character, local Kimberley history and true outback style. You will experience nothing like it anywhere else!
Limited to small and exclusive numbers, Faraway Bay provides the ultimate setting and service so that everyone who stays at Faraway Bay has their own ultimate experience – a trip of a life time!
Although simple, Faraway Bay provides unrivalled luxury, with eight spacious, air-conditioned cabins scattered among natural bush. These offer privacy and 180-degree views of a spectacular cliff-lined bay. Cocooned in this natural environ, there is nothing to distract you from absorbing the extraordinary sights, sounds and magic of this isolated slice of the Kimberley. With a maximum of just 16 guests at any time, your privacy is ensured.
Explore the region’s rare natural wonders and discover the secrets of this ancient landscape. Be spellbound by Ice Age rock art. Sight see by foot, 4WD or boat. Fish to your heart’s content. Birdwatch or meet the local wildlife. Dine on freshly-caught seafoods and local produce. Indulge in some beachcombing. Then lounge, stargaze, and lounge some more.
Minimum 3 night stays, Minimum 2 people per booking
- Pick up/drop off from your accommodation in Kununurra
- Return scenic flight to Faraway Bay from Kununurra – including flying over iconic King George Falls.
- Return 4WD transfer from Airstrip to Eagle Lodge which is a 20 minute drive each way.
- Accommodation in an en-suited cabin, double or twin, all with ceiling fans, and air-conditioning.
- All gourmet meals and snacks and all beverages – (Alcoholic Beverages included with meals and on some tours. Outside of these inclusion times Alcoholic beverages can be purchased from the bar).
- Tours/Activities – ALL with guide and equipment.
- King George Falls day trip
- Rock Art
- Billabongs, Waterfalls and Waterholes
- Beach combing, guided bush-walking and bird-watching.
- Coastal boat tours to historical sites
- Croc spotting and star gazing. You can do as little or a much as you like.
At Faraway Bay, a few days can feel like a week, and a week can change the way you feel forever.
- Transfers are also available from Darwin or Broome between May and October - POA.
- Transfers can also be arranged from El Questro, Home Valley Station and Bullo Station between May and October - POA.
Please note a reasonable degree of fitness is required due to Faraway Bay's remote location, activities require a degree of walking, climbing and boating.
Comprehensive Travel and Medical Insurance required.
All quoted prices in AUD and include GST.