The Top 10 Reasons to Cruise the Kimberley
The Kimberley is one of the most unique destinations on earth, with landscapes that have been millions of years in the making. Comprising an area of more than 400,000 sq km and with a population of less than 40,000 one of the best ways (and sometimes the only way) to explore this remote outback area is on board a small group cruise. A Kimberley cruise lets you experience the astounding scenic coastline and diverse landscapes; from the pristine beaches to ancient gorge country, and the world-famous horizontal waterfalls.
There are endless reasons to take a Kimberley cruise. But to keep it simple, here’s a list of the top 10:
1. Cruise packages are all-inclusive. In the world of travel, “all-inclusive” is practically synonymous with the word “relaxing”. That’s because with an all-inclusive cruise package, you don’t need to worry about booking meals, accommodations or even excursions. It’s all taken care of for you, so all you have to do is relax and enjoy.
2. Your wallet gets a holiday, too. With a cruise, your costs are controlled - you know upfront what your costs will be, so you can focus on the fun without worrying about “surprise” expenses.
3. Your day to day transportation is taken care of. There’s no need to rush around airports, flag down taxis or worry about chartering buses or vans. On a cruise, you ride in luxury every day, and your excursion transportation needs are already taken care of.
4. You only need to unpack once. For most people, packing and unpacking are two of the most unpleasant tasks of any travelling holiday. On a Kimberley cruise you unpack once, but wake up in a new location every day.
5. Ditch the Discovery channel – on a Kimberley cruise, you've got front-row seats to the real thing. From rugged sandstone cliffs to pristine coral reefs to remote waterfalls and more, Kimberley cruises offer a glimpse into an ecosystem that only a few people will ever experience. The area is home to a wide variety of marine and land animals –– that will not be seen in a zoo.
6. You’ll enjoy luxury accommodation every night. There’s no hotel-hopping on a cruise, which means you won’t have the uncertainty that comes from wondering if the room you booked on the Internet is going to be as comfortable as those online photos suggest.
7. Every morning brings a new adventure. When you wake up, there’s no need to go traipsing around looking for fun and excitement – fun and excitement come to you. From relaxing in secluded fresh water swimming holes to exploring ancient Aboriginal art sites to diving the Rowley Shoals coral reefs to fishing for barramundi, there’s always a new adventure just outside your cabin.
8. You gain unprecedented access. Much of the Kimberley coastal area is inaccessible by motor vehicle. Your cruise lets you explore wilderness areas that otherwise would be unreachable. Choose a cruise with a helicopter for optional touring for even greater access!
9. It’s a new experience every time. Kimberley cruises put you in touch with the environment, the landscape and the people, three elements that are always changing. That means that no matter how many times you travel with us, even if you book the same tour, the experience is always going to be different each time. The one thing that remains constant on every tour is the over-the-top attention to your needs.
10. Even when you’re relaxing, you’re exploring. You want to get all you can out of your holiday, but you want to relax, too. A Kimberley cruise lets you combine the two: Even if you’re relaxing on deck, you’re still enjoying the magnificent views of the Kimberley’s unique coastline.
A Kimberley Cruise will allow you to experience the perfect combination of relaxation, luxury, and adventure. Check out our full range of Kimberley Cruises today.
So there you have it: An even 10. Can you think of more? Post your reasons to take a Kimberley cruise to our Facebook page!