New Visitor Pass Required for Mitchell Plateau
From 1 January 2018, if you are planning to visit the Mitchell Plateau in the far north west of the Kimberley, each traveller will now need an Uunguu Visitor Pass (UVP).
- If you are an independent traveller and visiting by 4WD or aircraft, you need a Ngauwudu Road Zone pass.
- If you are an independent traveller coming by boat, sea plane or helicopter you need an Onshore Access pass for the Uunguu Coast Zone.
- If you are an independent bush walker you need a Bush walker pass. Please also check the approved Bush walking Corridors.
- Build leadership in the tourism industry on Country.
- Establish managed visitor sites at key locations, with Uunguu Rangers and Traditional Owners welcoming, guiding and sharing culture.
- Grow the Uunguu Ranger program with a tourism focus.
- Provide cultural expertise and support for tour operators.
- Develop authentic “Uunguu Experience” tourism ventures.
This pass is in addition to the WA Department of Biodiversity, Conservation & Attractions, Parks & Wildlife Service Park Pass.